Saturday, October 23, 2010

How do PTSD survivors cope beside hypo and hyperarousal?

How do PTSD survivors cope beside hypo and hyperarousal?
Once you finally get to a better place which can be a couple years of psychotherapy at least IMO you totally slowly start exposure therapy to one little article that sets you off over and over until you master it in need flipping out. Do it with a guide, resembling a doctor or therapist at first until you cram what your limits are. Some things can be face for months until it is finally OK and others are one of those things in life span you learn to adopt and work around it. But you never learn what your borders are unless you push them a bit.
Like one example, doorbell and the dog barking, I have my kids ring the bell at random times and after a few months I am no longer similar to a cat being peel off the ceiling to that one item. It still makes me spring but can calm awfully quickly to that very soon. You build over time. But people still do not approach and touch me from trailing if they know me, they have brand name a noise, speak, or something as I hold not been competent to shake that. I do not respond violently to it anymore but it still will alarm me out of my skin and leave me shaking.
But some days are purely worse than others. I can be so jumpy some days that my curls falling from behind my ears if I lean over and it comes into my stripe of vision can convey me flying back to "receive away".
It is a very long and slow process.
When one have to cope...one copes.

No comments:

Post a Comment