Saturday, October 23, 2010

How do you curb perfectionism?

How do you curb perfectionism?
You have a accurate question in attendance. I used to be a perfectionist and after years of trying to be perfect. I be taught that perfection can really hurt a personality. I learned to stop most of it, by erudition to be myself . I also started liking myself and others. I studious that being positive almost oneself is very favourable. Don't dwell on your bad merits always focus on the righteous. Now, I am a happier in knowing I do the best I can and don't verbs about if I fall short. Everybody fails at some time or other.
It is not necessarily impossible to be a perfectionist who likes to have visions done right. When it becomes a ritual or fixation it may be an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which see by typing it into Yahoo! search.
Do you want to curb this behavior within yourself or in another? It is possible to grasp over an compulsive behavior by proper cognitive or behavioral therapy near, possibly, medication. To curb it in another is almost impossible I own found. "Anything worth doing is worth doing right" is the maxim of the individual who is a perfectionist while "perfectionist are never happy" is the complaint of one trying to please a perfectionist.
You might try just acknowledge or pointing out that perfection is something that can only be approached, never achieve absolutely and rework your behavior to a more easy going anxiety free style.
I hope this help, good luck, virtuous health, peace and love!
No one is spotless. Even the Amish who make superb article and could very smoothly make them watertight, purposely leave a small flaw surrounded by them because, to them, only God is fail-safe. Learn to accept that you are human and humans are allowed to be weak. To err is human, to forgive is divine.
http://www.onlinelifecoach.org
weblifecoach@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment