Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How does hollywood / tv portrayal of OCD manufacture you get the impression?

Monk, As Good as it Gets, etc... Where OCD is shown as a mildly annoying, mildly amusing and perhaps somewhat charming person quirk. Looking for answers from folks with personal experience near OCD.How does hollywood / tv portrayal of OCD manufacture you get the impression?
It seems justly accurate, though they portray "Monk" as super OCD. Don't really think that's so typical...
Makes me get the impression better ... I'm not as bad as I could be.
Nope, you should know how to make lighting of anything. Besides, it raises a bit of awareness even if its not the most accurate portrayl.
While I can roll with laughter at something funny just as much as the subsequent person, I hold found some portrayals very disturbing. Interestingly the examples you mention are the ones I find to be the most believable. Simply because the truly show how the condition can control one's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment