Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How does lamictal work?

I take lamictal for epilepsy, I've see that others take it for anxiety, depression. Well, I hold depression (severely) and it does nothing for that, does it solely work for certain nation?How does lamictal work?
Lamictal is used as a mood-stabilizer, not an anti-depressant. It helps next to the 'ups and downs' for people who are emotionally unstable. It can perform as an anti-depressant by taking away the severe swings into thoughtful depression... this is why people may be adage it's an anti-depressant.
Lamictal saved my existence! My mood instability was making me want to close my life, and this be the only mood-stabilizer that doesn't do weight gain, sloth, etc. If you are feeling completely depressed, you should talk to your doctor in the order of it. If there is something going on contained by your life i.e. specifically causing the depression, seeing a psychologist/counselor can be extremely productive. If your depression is biological, though, your doctor can help you determine what type of anti-depressan will work for you.
Good luck!
NO clue im anxious to take it. doc give me samples of it today 49 pills i panicky to death of taking it I HAVE GAD & still zilch works ssri off margins
Lamictal is indeed an anti- convulsant and is also used fro psychiatric conditions. For depression it can only be used for the Bipolar type, you are probably unipolar so it will simply work for your seizure
Yep. Lamictal save me too. I'm Bipolar. Its the ONLY med to work...it keeps the swings to a undressed minimum, but the op was right...not an anti-depressant. No side affects if you start deeply slowly...I LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment